BJP MP threatens to "start" delayed Mumbai Metro on Saturday
Mumbai: Accusing the state government of delaying the commencement of services of Versova-Andheri- Ghatkopar metro rail (the first phase of metro in the city) despite a green signal from the Railway Board, BJP MP Krit Somaiya on Friday threatened to "start" the metro on Saturday.
"As the Congress government in the state is delaying starting the Metro, Kirit Somaiya, Gopal Shetty and Prakas Mehta will start Metro from Ghatkopar tomorrow at 3 pm as First Pravasi (traveller)," Somaiya said in a text message to the media.
The Railway Board had yesterday gave its final approval to the operator Mumbai Metro One to start the services.
When contacted, Rinfra did not comment on Somaiya`s statement but maintained that it will soon make an announcement about commencement of the operations.
MMOPL is a joint venture between RInfra, Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority and French transportation group Velio.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley