BJP MP threatens to "start" delayed Mumbai Metro on Saturday
Mumbai: Accusing the state government of delaying the commencement of services of Versova-Andheri- Ghatkopar metro rail (the first phase of metro in the city) despite a green signal from the Railway Board, BJP MP Krit Somaiya on Friday threatened to "start" the metro on Saturday.
"As the Congress government in the state is delaying starting the Metro, Kirit Somaiya, Gopal Shetty and Prakas Mehta will start Metro from Ghatkopar tomorrow at 3 pm as First Pravasi (traveller)," Somaiya said in a text message to the media.
The Railway Board had yesterday gave its final approval to the operator Mumbai Metro One to start the services.
When contacted, Rinfra did not comment on Somaiya`s statement but maintained that it will soon make an announcement about commencement of the operations.
MMOPL is a joint venture between RInfra, Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority and French transportation group Velio.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Anil Kumble: It's a great honour to be back in Indian dressing room in different role
- India vs Zimbabwe PHOTO: When MS Dhoni shared red-eye selfie on Facebook
- M.M. Khan murder: Manish Sisodia accuses hotelier of working under political patronage
- Experts for central epidemiological database to deal with bio-terrorism
- Cleric suspended after selfies with Pakistan`s `Kim Kardashian`