BJP plans to raise Rs 25 crore for Narendra Modi`s Mumbai rally
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: BJP`s prime ministerial candidate for 2014 General Elections Narendra Modi is scheduled to hold a rally in the financial capital of India on December 22. And if the Maharashtra BJP is to be believed then it is planning to raise Rs 25 crore ahead of Gujarat CM`s first rally in Mumbai.
As per reports, the BJP state unit has said that it would be gifting this money to party president Rajnath Singh on the day of the Gujarat CM`s rally to be used for campaigning for next year`s Lok Sabha polls.
Addressing the media on Monday, BJP president Devendra Fadnavis said that the party traditionally collected election funds from the people and through contributions. It is aiming to collect money through sale of coupons worth Rs 100, 500 and 1,000 to people.
He also said that the party wanted people from all walks of life to be part of the rally.
Modi`s rally is due to be held at Mumbai`s Bandra Kurla Complex grounds. Hundreds of supporters had come to see the Gujarat CM at the airport when he had gone to Mumbai for an event on September 30. Modi had addressed the crowd and making an impromptu speech at the airport had said that he was overwhelmed on seeing his supporters. He had also said that he would take care of the problems of the people if he became India`s next PM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Wow! This self-driving robot can deliver food to your door (Watch)
- 2nd conviction in coal scam; 3 top officials of Rathi steel convicted
- Photo alert! ‘Baazigar’ jodi Shah Rukh Khan-Shilpa Shetty looks like this now
- Flipkart-owned Myntra acquires Jabong for an undisclosed amount
- Sandeep Dikshit unhappy with Ajay Maken? Says can't accept a leadership whose objective was to discredit Sheila Dikshit