BJP re-nominates Kelkar for Council polls
Mumbai: BJP has re-nominated sitting MLC Sanjay Kelkar for the biennial Legislative Council polls from the Konkan graduates constituency.
Kelkar`s term will end on July seven and the election schedule is yet to be announced.
State BJP chief Sudhir Mungantiwar said Kelkar has been an active legislator raising issues of the teachers, graduates, farmers and mango growers.
NCP has decided to field Niranjan Davkhare for the seat.
Congress and NCP will contest the Konkan graduates seat in alliance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi