BJP requests Governor to reconsider decision on Ashok Chavan
Mumbai: Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Council and BJP leader Vinod Tawde on Tuesday requested Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan to reconsider his refusal to allow CBI to prosecute former chief minister Ashok Chavan in the Adarsh Society case.
"The corruption in Adarsh housing society scam is a blot on the progressive image of Maharashtra. The then top functionaries in the state government misused their positions to get flats for themselves and their relatives," Tawde said, in a letter to the Governor today.
"I learnt from media that you have refused to sanction permission to CBI to prosecute Ashok Chavan in the case.”
"The Adarsh judicial inquiry commission report, tabled in the state legislature, mentions that Chavan misused his position to get flats to his relatives," he said.
The CBI had also found Chavan guilty of misusing his position, the BJP leader said. "I request you to reconsider your decision and allow CBI to prosecute Chavan."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30