BJP requests Governor to reconsider decision on Ashok Chavan
Mumbai: Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Council and BJP leader Vinod Tawde on Tuesday requested Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan to reconsider his refusal to allow CBI to prosecute former chief minister Ashok Chavan in the Adarsh Society case.
"The corruption in Adarsh housing society scam is a blot on the progressive image of Maharashtra. The then top functionaries in the state government misused their positions to get flats for themselves and their relatives," Tawde said, in a letter to the Governor today.
"I learnt from media that you have refused to sanction permission to CBI to prosecute Ashok Chavan in the case.”
"The Adarsh judicial inquiry commission report, tabled in the state legislature, mentions that Chavan misused his position to get flats to his relatives," he said.
The CBI had also found Chavan guilty of misusing his position, the BJP leader said. "I request you to reconsider your decision and allow CBI to prosecute Chavan."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic