BJP requests Governor to reconsider decision on Ashok Chavan
Mumbai: Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Council and BJP leader Vinod Tawde on Tuesday requested Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan to reconsider his refusal to allow CBI to prosecute former chief minister Ashok Chavan in the Adarsh Society case.
"The corruption in Adarsh housing society scam is a blot on the progressive image of Maharashtra. The then top functionaries in the state government misused their positions to get flats for themselves and their relatives," Tawde said, in a letter to the Governor today.
"I learnt from media that you have refused to sanction permission to CBI to prosecute Ashok Chavan in the case.”
"The Adarsh judicial inquiry commission report, tabled in the state legislature, mentions that Chavan misused his position to get flats to his relatives," he said.
The CBI had also found Chavan guilty of misusing his position, the BJP leader said. "I request you to reconsider your decision and allow CBI to prosecute Chavan."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?
- After Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Laurent Blanc too leaves Paris Saint-Germain: Report
- Global warnings on Brexit consequences