BJP seeks action against Bangladeshi infiltration
Mumbai: Mumbai BJP on Saturday took out a protest march to denounce last week`s violence at Azad Maidan in south Mumbai, and demanded crack-down on infiltration from Bangladesh.
The protest march from Metro cinema to CST was led by BJP city unit chief Raj Purohit. Senior leader Ram Naik and legislators from Mumbai also participated in it.
Purohit said urgent steps were needed to stop Bangladeshi infiltration "to save Assam".
The August 11 rally at Azad Maidan, which was for protesting against incidents in Assam and Myanmar, was organised by "anti-social elements", he said.
Criticising the vandalisation of Martyrs` Memorial at Azad Maidan during the violence, he said insult to martyrs would not be tolerated.
Meanwhile, Shiv Sena MLC Vinayak Raut has demanded CBI inquiry into the alleged molestation of women police officials during the rioting at Azad Maidan.
In a letter to Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, Raut said the five women police officials were still in a state of shock after the experience.
"Police should find the culprits and a CBI inquiry should be instituted," Raut said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena