BJP seeks action against Bangladeshi infiltration
Mumbai: Mumbai BJP on Saturday took out a protest march to denounce last week`s violence at Azad Maidan in south Mumbai, and demanded crack-down on infiltration from Bangladesh.
The protest march from Metro cinema to CST was led by BJP city unit chief Raj Purohit. Senior leader Ram Naik and legislators from Mumbai also participated in it.
Purohit said urgent steps were needed to stop Bangladeshi infiltration "to save Assam".
The August 11 rally at Azad Maidan, which was for protesting against incidents in Assam and Myanmar, was organised by "anti-social elements", he said.
Criticising the vandalisation of Martyrs` Memorial at Azad Maidan during the violence, he said insult to martyrs would not be tolerated.
Meanwhile, Shiv Sena MLC Vinayak Raut has demanded CBI inquiry into the alleged molestation of women police officials during the rioting at Azad Maidan.
In a letter to Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, Raut said the five women police officials were still in a state of shock after the experience.
"Police should find the culprits and a CBI inquiry should be instituted," Raut said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?