BJP seeks CBI probe into land plots to Mukta Arts
Mumbai: BJP on Sunday demanded a CBI probe into
lands alloted to Mukta Arts, founded and chaired by filmmaker
Subhash Ghai, allegedly at throwaway prices by ruling Congress
governments in three states, including Maharashtra.
In its recent order, the Bombay High Court has asked the
Whistling Woods International (WWI) to surrender to
Maharashtra government 14.5 acres out of 20 acres of land
which is currently not in use. The court has stayed its order
for a period of eight weeks.
WWI is the joint venture between Mukta Arts, founded by
Ghai, and Filmcity Mumbai.
"We want CBI investigation about the land allotments
(made) to Mukta Arts at various places. At least three states
where Congress is in power have allotted lands to the Mukta
Arts at throwaway prices," party secretary Kirit Somaiya
alleged in a press conference here.
"It is not only the case of Goregaon (in Mumbai) where the
land has been allotted in a scandalous manner. Mukta Arts has
been allotted lands in a similar fashion in Hyderabad, near
Delhi and also they are in process of doing so in Jaipur. Huge
tracts of lands have been allotted at the rates tad lower
than the prevailing market prices," he alleged.
Without naming anyone, Somaiya said, “there is somebody who
has a financial interest in Mukta Arts Ltd....A person who is
well connected with the party high command".
Reacting to the HC`s order which censured Union minister
Vilasrao Deshmukh for allotting the state government`s 20-acre
plot to Mukta Arts during his tenure as chief minister,
Somaiya said, "It is understood that the Centre would never
remove Deshmukh from his post".
The BJP secretary also accused chief ministers of Andhra
Pradesh and Haryana of being involved in the land dealings to
favour Mukta Arts.
Mukta Arts could not be reached for comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video