BJP seeks CBI probe into land plots to Mukta Arts
Mumbai: BJP on Sunday demanded a CBI probe into
lands alloted to Mukta Arts, founded and chaired by filmmaker
Subhash Ghai, allegedly at throwaway prices by ruling Congress
governments in three states, including Maharashtra.
In its recent order, the Bombay High Court has asked the
Whistling Woods International (WWI) to surrender to
Maharashtra government 14.5 acres out of 20 acres of land
which is currently not in use. The court has stayed its order
for a period of eight weeks.
WWI is the joint venture between Mukta Arts, founded by
Ghai, and Filmcity Mumbai.
"We want CBI investigation about the land allotments
(made) to Mukta Arts at various places. At least three states
where Congress is in power have allotted lands to the Mukta
Arts at throwaway prices," party secretary Kirit Somaiya
alleged in a press conference here.
"It is not only the case of Goregaon (in Mumbai) where the
land has been allotted in a scandalous manner. Mukta Arts has
been allotted lands in a similar fashion in Hyderabad, near
Delhi and also they are in process of doing so in Jaipur. Huge
tracts of lands have been allotted at the rates tad lower
than the prevailing market prices," he alleged.
Without naming anyone, Somaiya said, “there is somebody who
has a financial interest in Mukta Arts Ltd....A person who is
well connected with the party high command".
Reacting to the HC`s order which censured Union minister
Vilasrao Deshmukh for allotting the state government`s 20-acre
plot to Mukta Arts during his tenure as chief minister,
Somaiya said, "It is understood that the Centre would never
remove Deshmukh from his post".
The BJP secretary also accused chief ministers of Andhra
Pradesh and Haryana of being involved in the land dealings to
favour Mukta Arts.
Mukta Arts could not be reached for comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars