BJP seeks SIT probe into Maharashtra irrigation sc
Mumbai: Alleging that the white paper on irrigation was prepared under pressure from Central leaders, leader of opposition in the Legislative Council, the BJP`s Vinod Tawde on Friday demanded that a special investigation team (SIT) be formed to probe the irrigation scam.
"If no SIT is appointed, we will not let the house function during the winter session of the legislature, at Nagpur from December 10," Tawde told reporters here.
The white paper on the irrigation scam was a "whitewash", Tawde alleged and sought a SIT probe into all irrigation projects in the state.
"Based on the information we have received from government sources, the white paper seems nothing but a whitewash. We have all the details of the scam," he said.
Stating that the white paper does not seem to have addressed two key issues namely financial irregularities and flawed policy decisions, Tawde said, "The BJP will bring out a `black paper` on the scam during the winter session."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog