BJP seeks SIT probe into Maharashtra irrigation sc
Mumbai: Alleging that the white paper on irrigation was prepared under pressure from Central leaders, leader of opposition in the Legislative Council, the BJP`s Vinod Tawde on Friday demanded that a special investigation team (SIT) be formed to probe the irrigation scam.
"If no SIT is appointed, we will not let the house function during the winter session of the legislature, at Nagpur from December 10," Tawde told reporters here.
The white paper on the irrigation scam was a "whitewash", Tawde alleged and sought a SIT probe into all irrigation projects in the state.
"Based on the information we have received from government sources, the white paper seems nothing but a whitewash. We have all the details of the scam," he said.
Stating that the white paper does not seem to have addressed two key issues namely financial irregularities and flawed policy decisions, Tawde said, "The BJP will bring out a `black paper` on the scam during the winter session."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter