BJP seeks SIT probe into Maharashtra irrigation sc
Mumbai: Alleging that the white paper on irrigation was prepared under pressure from Central leaders, leader of opposition in the Legislative Council, the BJP`s Vinod Tawde on Friday demanded that a special investigation team (SIT) be formed to probe the irrigation scam.
"If no SIT is appointed, we will not let the house function during the winter session of the legislature, at Nagpur from December 10," Tawde told reporters here.
The white paper on the irrigation scam was a "whitewash", Tawde alleged and sought a SIT probe into all irrigation projects in the state.
"Based on the information we have received from government sources, the white paper seems nothing but a whitewash. We have all the details of the scam," he said.
Stating that the white paper does not seem to have addressed two key issues namely financial irregularities and flawed policy decisions, Tawde said, "The BJP will bring out a `black paper` on the scam during the winter session."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued