BJP seeks SIT probe into Maharashtra irrigation sc
Mumbai: Alleging that the white paper on irrigation was prepared under pressure from Central leaders, leader of opposition in the Legislative Council, the BJP`s Vinod Tawde on Friday demanded that a special investigation team (SIT) be formed to probe the irrigation scam.
"If no SIT is appointed, we will not let the house function during the winter session of the legislature, at Nagpur from December 10," Tawde told reporters here.
The white paper on the irrigation scam was a "whitewash", Tawde alleged and sought a SIT probe into all irrigation projects in the state.
"Based on the information we have received from government sources, the white paper seems nothing but a whitewash. We have all the details of the scam," he said.
Stating that the white paper does not seem to have addressed two key issues namely financial irregularities and flawed policy decisions, Tawde said, "The BJP will bring out a `black paper` on the scam during the winter session."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting underway - Big prestige battle for BJP and Shiv Sena
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena marches ahead in BMC, but BJP gains lead in Pune