BJP seeks SIT probe into Maharashtra irrigation sc
Mumbai: Alleging that the white paper on irrigation was prepared under pressure from Central leaders, leader of opposition in the Legislative Council, the BJP`s Vinod Tawde on Friday demanded that a special investigation team (SIT) be formed to probe the irrigation scam.
"If no SIT is appointed, we will not let the house function during the winter session of the legislature, at Nagpur from December 10," Tawde told reporters here.
The white paper on the irrigation scam was a "whitewash", Tawde alleged and sought a SIT probe into all irrigation projects in the state.
"Based on the information we have received from government sources, the white paper seems nothing but a whitewash. We have all the details of the scam," he said.
Stating that the white paper does not seem to have addressed two key issues namely financial irregularities and flawed policy decisions, Tawde said, "The BJP will bring out a `black paper` on the scam during the winter session."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'