BJP, Sena and MNS should form tri-partite alliance: Munde
Aurangabad: Stating that anything is possible
in politics, senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde on Sunday called for
a tri-partite alliance of Shiv Sena, BJP and Raj Thackeray
led-MNS to pull down ruling Congress-NCP combine.
Asserting that the tri-partite alliance would have more
seats in the Assembly, Munde said the saffron alliance lost,
as the MNS divided their votes. But if the number of seats of
the saffron alliance and MNS are combined then it would be
more than that of the ruling parties, he added.
"MNS got 13 seats and it damaged the saffron alliance`s
chances in 53 seats. If the seats won by Shiv Sena-BJP (90)
are combined with 66 (53+13) it would be more than that of
Congress and NCP," Munde said while addressing the concluding
session of the state level BJP meeting in Aurangabad.
Expressing confidence of making things possible, Munde
said "nothing is impossible in politics and I can make things
Reacting to Munde`s statement, ally Shiv Sena leader
Sanjay Raut said such decisions are taken by the party
"The 22-year-old Sena-BJP alliance came together with one
thought of Hindutva. It would continue the coalition in the
future as well. Any such decision (alliance with MNS) can only
be taken with permission of Sena chief Balasaheb Thackeray and
executive president Uddhav Thackeray," he said.
This is not the first time that BJP has tried to express
its closeness with MNS.
Raj`s surprise visit to BJP office in Mumbai last year
had raised many eyebrows. During his visit, Raj had met BJP
state president Sudhir Mungantiwar irking Shiv Sena, which
threatened to boycott an NDA rally in Delhi then.
Incidentally, senior BJP leader L K Advani and Munde
himself had to intervene in the matter to pacify the Sena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?