BJP, Sena appeal to observe bandh on May 31
Mumbai: BJP, Shiv Sena and RPI on Tuesday appealed to people of Maharashtra to observe bandh on May 31 to demand complete rollback of the steep petrol hike of Rs 7.50 per litre.
State BJP president Sudhir Mungantiwar and Sena leader Subhash Desai told reporters here that essential services will be excluded from the bandh.
Republican Party of India (RPI) leader Arjun Dangale was also present on the occasion.
The opposition leaders lashed out at the NCP for making critical statements about the petrol hike. "NCP`s double standards have been exposed. The party should withdraw from government instead of just criticising," they said.
People were facing hardships due to the wrong policies related to import of crude and production of ethanol, Mungantiwar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan