BJP slams Congress on price rise
Mumbai: Criticising the UPA government, the BJP on Friday said inflation would come down only if the incumbent government goes out of power.
"Only when the government goes, the prices will come down. People are tired of this government," senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu said while addressing a women`s rally against the diesel price hike and cap on LPG cylinders at Azad Maidan here.
Alleging that the Congress had "betrayed" people, Naidu, who is also the Maharashtra in-charge of BJP, said the BJP was ready for mid-term polls.
"Mid-term elections can take place any time. We are ready for it. It will be good for people if the UPA government goes out of power. People are waiting for it. There is no unanimity within the government," he claimed.
Naidu alleged that the Centre had hiked the prices of petroleum products 24 times in the last two to three years.
"Congress talks about common man. However, the common man and the Congress cannot walk together. People are weeping and the government is sleeping," the former BJP president said.
Naidu described Centre`s reform measures as "anti-poor and anti-farmers".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery