BJP slams Congress on price rise
Mumbai: Criticising the UPA government, the BJP on Friday said inflation would come down only if the incumbent government goes out of power.
"Only when the government goes, the prices will come down. People are tired of this government," senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu said while addressing a women`s rally against the diesel price hike and cap on LPG cylinders at Azad Maidan here.
Alleging that the Congress had "betrayed" people, Naidu, who is also the Maharashtra in-charge of BJP, said the BJP was ready for mid-term polls.
"Mid-term elections can take place any time. We are ready for it. It will be good for people if the UPA government goes out of power. People are waiting for it. There is no unanimity within the government," he claimed.
Naidu alleged that the Centre had hiked the prices of petroleum products 24 times in the last two to three years.
"Congress talks about common man. However, the common man and the Congress cannot walk together. People are weeping and the government is sleeping," the former BJP president said.
Naidu described Centre`s reform measures as "anti-poor and anti-farmers".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!