BJP slams Rs 100-cr tender for top quality food at `Varsha`
Mumbai: Leader of Opposition in Maharashtra Legislative Assembly Eknath Khadse on Friday criticised the Congress-NCP government for a Rs 100 crore tender to supply high quality food at `Varsha` and `Deogiri`-- the official residences of the Chief Minister and Deputy Chief Minister respectively.
Lashing out at the government in the Lower House, while speaking on the motion to thank the Governor for his address to the joint sitting of both the Houses, the BJP leader said people in the drought affected areas are struggling to get water and food.
However, the callous government has issued an advertisement in a newspaper for a Rs 100 crore tender to award contract to supply high quality food at the official residences of the CM and Dy CM, Khadse said.
To which, Chief Ministers Office issued a statement clarifying that the advertisement carried in one of the English tabloid is a printing error.
"The tender notice is for Rs 1 crore and not of Rs 100 crore," the CMO said in a statement.
Khadse accused the government of bias when it comes to providing relief to drought-hit areas of the state.
"With the ongoing relief work one feels that only four districts are affected by water scarcity."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt