BJP slams Rs 100-cr tender for top quality food at `Varsha`
Mumbai: Leader of Opposition in Maharashtra Legislative Assembly Eknath Khadse on Friday criticised the Congress-NCP government for a Rs 100 crore tender to supply high quality food at `Varsha` and `Deogiri`-- the official residences of the Chief Minister and Deputy Chief Minister respectively.
Lashing out at the government in the Lower House, while speaking on the motion to thank the Governor for his address to the joint sitting of both the Houses, the BJP leader said people in the drought affected areas are struggling to get water and food.
However, the callous government has issued an advertisement in a newspaper for a Rs 100 crore tender to award contract to supply high quality food at the official residences of the CM and Dy CM, Khadse said.
To which, Chief Ministers Office issued a statement clarifying that the advertisement carried in one of the English tabloid is a printing error.
"The tender notice is for Rs 1 crore and not of Rs 100 crore," the CMO said in a statement.
Khadse accused the government of bias when it comes to providing relief to drought-hit areas of the state.
"With the ongoing relief work one feels that only four districts are affected by water scarcity."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues