BJP slams Rs 100-cr tender for top quality food at `Varsha`
Mumbai: Leader of Opposition in Maharashtra Legislative Assembly Eknath Khadse on Friday criticised the Congress-NCP government for a Rs 100 crore tender to supply high quality food at `Varsha` and `Deogiri`-- the official residences of the Chief Minister and Deputy Chief Minister respectively.
Lashing out at the government in the Lower House, while speaking on the motion to thank the Governor for his address to the joint sitting of both the Houses, the BJP leader said people in the drought affected areas are struggling to get water and food.
However, the callous government has issued an advertisement in a newspaper for a Rs 100 crore tender to award contract to supply high quality food at the official residences of the CM and Dy CM, Khadse said.
To which, Chief Ministers Office issued a statement clarifying that the advertisement carried in one of the English tabloid is a printing error.
"The tender notice is for Rs 1 crore and not of Rs 100 crore," the CMO said in a statement.
Khadse accused the government of bias when it comes to providing relief to drought-hit areas of the state.
"With the ongoing relief work one feels that only four districts are affected by water scarcity."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi