BJP slams Rs 100-cr tender for top quality food at `Varsha`
Mumbai: Leader of Opposition in Maharashtra Legislative Assembly Eknath Khadse on Friday criticised the Congress-NCP government for a Rs 100 crore tender to supply high quality food at `Varsha` and `Deogiri`-- the official residences of the Chief Minister and Deputy Chief Minister respectively.
Lashing out at the government in the Lower House, while speaking on the motion to thank the Governor for his address to the joint sitting of both the Houses, the BJP leader said people in the drought affected areas are struggling to get water and food.
However, the callous government has issued an advertisement in a newspaper for a Rs 100 crore tender to award contract to supply high quality food at the official residences of the CM and Dy CM, Khadse said.
To which, Chief Ministers Office issued a statement clarifying that the advertisement carried in one of the English tabloid is a printing error.
"The tender notice is for Rs 1 crore and not of Rs 100 crore," the CMO said in a statement.
Khadse accused the government of bias when it comes to providing relief to drought-hit areas of the state.
"With the ongoing relief work one feels that only four districts are affected by water scarcity."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- California wildfire spreads to over 11,000 acres
- After Gujarat, Dalits attacked in Karnataka's Chikkamagaluru for storing beef; seven Bajrang Dal activists booked
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer
- Twist in tale! Lalit Modi to install son Ruchir as Rajasthan Cricket Association boss