BJP submits ‘evidence’ about another land scam
Mumbai: BJP secretary Kirit Somaiya on Monday said
he has submitted 1,135 pages of documentary evidence to CBI in
connection with the alleged scam related to sale of a portion
of defence land to a private builder in suburban Kandivali.
"CBI has not done anything concrete in the Adarsh scam in
last 14 months. CBI should not adopt a lackadaisical approach
in this `Adarsh-2` scam and that is why we have submitted to
them documents related to the case," Somaiya said at a press
A former minister of state for defence and former Chief
of Army staff Deepak Kapoor were allegedly involved in passing
on the land to Kalpataru, Somaiya said, adding, the then
Maharashtra Revenue Minister Narayan Rane and former Chief
Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh allocated the land to the private
He said despite a note from the then Under Secretary
(Revenue) that the plot belonged to the Defence Ministry and
could not be allocated to Kalpataru, the same was allocated to
the private builder and action needs to be taken in the case.
Somaiya also informed that the defence ministry has
ordered for the CBI inquiry into the scam.
"CBI has started the preliminary inquiry and FIR will be
registered in this regard within a week," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore