BJP to finalise Maharashtra Lok Sabha candidates by February
Mumbai: Confident about his party`s good performance in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls, Maharashtra BJP chief Devendra Fadnavis Tuesday said it had recommended names of ten candidates to the party`s central parliamentary board for the general elections.
Talking to reporters after the party`s election committee meeting, Fadnavis said the Maharashtra BJP unit is in the process of finalising the list of all its candidates who would contest Lok Sabha polls by February.
"We will be able to break all our past records. For us old or new candidates is not an issue. We want the face which people want. Faces are not an issue for us," he said.
Fadnavis also said that allocating a Rajya Sabha seat to RPI president Ramdas Athawale would prove to be beneficial to the party.
When asked whether the BJP would forge an alliance with the Raj Thackeray led Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) he said, "We are not in discussion with the MNS".
Meanwhile the alliance comprising Shiv Sena-BJP and RPI have found two more new alliance partners in the form of Raju Shetty`s Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghatana and Rashtriya Samaj Party`s (RSP) Mahadev Jankar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Security forces, militants engaged in gunfight in Kupwara
- MUST WATCH VIDEO: When Shoaib Akhtar bowled Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar off consecutive balls!
- West Bengal: Net worth of richest MLA Rs 40 crore, poorest has Rs 50,000
- France faces fresh strikes as nuclear workers join protest
- Australia to examine more possible MH370 debris