BJP to finalise Maharashtra Lok Sabha candidates by February
Mumbai: Confident about his party`s good performance in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls, Maharashtra BJP chief Devendra Fadnavis Tuesday said it had recommended names of ten candidates to the party`s central parliamentary board for the general elections.
Talking to reporters after the party`s election committee meeting, Fadnavis said the Maharashtra BJP unit is in the process of finalising the list of all its candidates who would contest Lok Sabha polls by February.
"We will be able to break all our past records. For us old or new candidates is not an issue. We want the face which people want. Faces are not an issue for us," he said.
Fadnavis also said that allocating a Rajya Sabha seat to RPI president Ramdas Athawale would prove to be beneficial to the party.
When asked whether the BJP would forge an alliance with the Raj Thackeray led Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) he said, "We are not in discussion with the MNS".
Meanwhile the alliance comprising Shiv Sena-BJP and RPI have found two more new alliance partners in the form of Raju Shetty`s Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghatana and Rashtriya Samaj Party`s (RSP) Mahadev Jankar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why