BJP to stall Parliament over FDI in retail: Munde
Mumbai: Opposing government`s decision to
allow foreign direct investment (FDI) in the retail sector,
deputy leader of BJP in Lok Sabha Gopinath Munde on Sunday said
that they would not allow proceedings to take place in the
"FDI in retail sector will hit small retailers hard. We
will not allow the proceedings in the Parliament to take place
tomorrow," Munde said while addressing BJP workers in suburban
Ghatkopar here today.
Targeting the Centre he said, the UPA government has
failed in curbing corruption and containing price rise.
"Government does not want to discuss inflation in the
Parliament. Inflation is rising. Government is not taking any
measures to contain it. Government has also failed to tackle
the problems of black money and terrorism," he said.
The party has demanded that the names of people who have
black money in foreign banks be revealed including the names
of three MPs who have stashed black money abroad, he said.
Munde also reiterated that the party would not allow
union Home Minister P Chidambaram to speak in the Parliament
as he is involved in the 2G spectrum scam.
Meanwhile, Munde said that BJP president Nitin Gadkari
was not present for today`s meeting here as he was indisposed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'