BJP wants special sitting to table the Adarsh Commission report
Mumbai: Opposition BJP on Friday said that a special sitting of Maharashtra Legislature should be convened to table the Adarsh Commission report and the action taken report (ATR) by the state government.
"We want the state government to table the Adarsh Commission report and the action taken report before October 18 this year," Leader of Opposition in Legislative Council Vinod Tawde said here today.
The two-member commission of high court Justice (retd) JA Patil and former chief secretary P Subrahmanium was set up in January 2011 to probe the Adarsh scam with reference to specific issues, such as land ownership, reservation of the plot, town planning and coastal violations and the role of public servants.
The 700-page report was submitted in a sealed cover to the Chief Secretary, Home department by NN Kumbhar, secretary of the commission on April 18, this year.
"The commission report in the multi-crore Adarsh scam was handed over to the Maharashtra government on April 18. The report and the ATR report should be tabled in the state legislature within a span of six months," Tawde said.
The BJP leader is also of the view that the state government cannot just hand over the report to the Chairman of Legislative Council and Speaker of Legislative Assembly and it should be tabled on the floor of both the Houses.
On August 2, the last day of the monsoon session of the legislature, Chief minister Prithviraj Chavan had said in the legislative council that the report would not be tabled as the government still needed time to prepare an ATR.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore