BJP will roll back FDI in retail if voted to power: Rajnath
Bramhapuri (Chandrpuar): The BJP national president Rajnath Singh on Monday reiterated that the party would reverse the UPA government`s decision to allow FDI in retail if voted to power in the general elections in 2014.
Addressing a farmers` rally here, Rajnath who shared dais with immediate past president Nitin Gadkari, said that the party would "roll back the decision to allow FDI in retail which was harming the interest of lakhs of businessmen and traders in the country, if voted to power in 2014".
Rajnath had also talked about rolling back the decision to allow FDI in multi-brand retail if the party was voted to power immediately after the UPA government made the announcement to the effect in September last year.
Rajnath also said today that if his party was voted to power, the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme would be linked with agriculture, laboratories would be set up in every district to help farmers test soil, seeds and fertilisers and a regulatory authority would control quality and prices of seeds and fertilisers.
He also criticised the UPA government for not implementing the crop income insurance scheme mooted by BJP when Rajnath himself was agriculture minister at the Centre.
Referring the farmers` suicides in Vidarbha, Rajnath blamed the state government for not completing irrigation projects in the region and said the farmers should get adequate prices for their produce.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof