BJP worker booked for molestation
Mumbai: A BJP worker was arrested on Sunday for allegedly molesting a fisherwoman in his locality, police said.
Mohan Saini, a resident of Malabar Hill area in South Mumbai, was later released on bail on a personal bond of Rs 15,000, they said.
"Saini verbally abused the woman, passed lewd comments and sought certain `favours` from her for allowing her to set the stall in the area. He also assaulted the woman`s husband," police said.
Saini was booked for breach of peace and molestation following the complaint, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves