BJP worker booked for molestation
Mumbai: A BJP worker was arrested on Sunday for allegedly molesting a fisherwoman in his locality, police said.
Mohan Saini, a resident of Malabar Hill area in South Mumbai, was later released on bail on a personal bond of Rs 15,000, they said.
"Saini verbally abused the woman, passed lewd comments and sought certain `favours` from her for allowing her to set the stall in the area. He also assaulted the woman`s husband," police said.
Saini was booked for breach of peace and molestation following the complaint, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption