BJP youth leader shot dead in Maharashtra
Nagpur: A leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party`s youth wing (BJP) died of bullet injures early Monday after he was shot at from close range here, police said.
The victim, Hemant Diyewar was Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha`s vice president for Nagpur. He was shot thrice from close range in a busy area of the city Sunday evening. Three empty shell casings were recovered from the spot, police said.
"However, the post-mortem report shows four entry and exit wounds made by the bullets," said an investigating officer from Nagpur`s Ambazari police station.
"There were two masked assailants, who came from the other side of a wall and shot at Diyewar. They were on foot. They shot him and escaped," the official told IANS.
Police said that Diyewar was with a friend when the attack took place. Diyewar`s friend had gone to a snack bar to get more snacks and water when he heard gun shots. He rushed back and saw two masked men fleeing the crime scene.
Police have registered a case and are probing the possible motive of the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!