BJP youth leader shot dead in Maharashtra
Nagpur: A leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party`s youth wing (BJP) died of bullet injures early Monday after he was shot at from close range here, police said.
The victim, Hemant Diyewar was Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha`s vice president for Nagpur. He was shot thrice from close range in a busy area of the city Sunday evening. Three empty shell casings were recovered from the spot, police said.
"However, the post-mortem report shows four entry and exit wounds made by the bullets," said an investigating officer from Nagpur`s Ambazari police station.
"There were two masked assailants, who came from the other side of a wall and shot at Diyewar. They were on foot. They shot him and escaped," the official told IANS.
Police said that Diyewar was with a friend when the attack took place. Diyewar`s friend had gone to a snack bar to get more snacks and water when he heard gun shots. He rushed back and saw two masked men fleeing the crime scene.
Police have registered a case and are probing the possible motive of the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth