BJP youth leader shot dead in Maharashtra
Nagpur: A leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party`s youth wing (BJP) died of bullet injures early Monday after he was shot at from close range here, police said.
The victim, Hemant Diyewar was Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha`s vice president for Nagpur. He was shot thrice from close range in a busy area of the city Sunday evening. Three empty shell casings were recovered from the spot, police said.
"However, the post-mortem report shows four entry and exit wounds made by the bullets," said an investigating officer from Nagpur`s Ambazari police station.
"There were two masked assailants, who came from the other side of a wall and shot at Diyewar. They were on foot. They shot him and escaped," the official told IANS.
Police said that Diyewar was with a friend when the attack took place. Diyewar`s friend had gone to a snack bar to get more snacks and water when he heard gun shots. He rushed back and saw two masked men fleeing the crime scene.
Police have registered a case and are probing the possible motive of the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried