BJP youth leader shot dead in Maharashtra
Nagpur: A leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party`s youth wing (BJP) died of bullet injures early Monday after he was shot at from close range here, police said.
The victim, Hemant Diyewar was Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha`s vice president for Nagpur. He was shot thrice from close range in a busy area of the city Sunday evening. Three empty shell casings were recovered from the spot, police said.
"However, the post-mortem report shows four entry and exit wounds made by the bullets," said an investigating officer from Nagpur`s Ambazari police station.
"There were two masked assailants, who came from the other side of a wall and shot at Diyewar. They were on foot. They shot him and escaped," the official told IANS.
Police said that Diyewar was with a friend when the attack took place. Diyewar`s friend had gone to a snack bar to get more snacks and water when he heard gun shots. He rushed back and saw two masked men fleeing the crime scene.
Police have registered a case and are probing the possible motive of the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'