Blue board hoisted at Anna Hazare`s birth place
Ahmednagar: A blue board marking the
birth place of social activist Anna Hazare in Bhingar area,
located on periphery of the city, was on Sunday hoisted in the
presence of supporters of the Jan Lokpal movement from across
Around 3000 supporters cum organisers of the Jan
Lokpal movement from the states of Bihar, Utter Pradesh,
Hariyana, Delhi, Punjab, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh were
present at the function organised by the Jan Lokpal Kruti
Samiti in the morning.
The blue board signifies the ancestral house where the
Gandhian was born on June 15, 1937.
The house is named as "Laxmi" after his mother
Laxmibai who passed away six years ago.
A huge procession was later taken out to express the
solidarity for the cause of the Jan Lokpal Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley