Blue board hoisted at Anna Hazare`s birth place
Ahmednagar: A blue board marking the
birth place of social activist Anna Hazare in Bhingar area,
located on periphery of the city, was on Sunday hoisted in the
presence of supporters of the Jan Lokpal movement from across
Around 3000 supporters cum organisers of the Jan
Lokpal movement from the states of Bihar, Utter Pradesh,
Hariyana, Delhi, Punjab, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh were
present at the function organised by the Jan Lokpal Kruti
Samiti in the morning.
The blue board signifies the ancestral house where the
Gandhian was born on June 15, 1937.
The house is named as "Laxmi" after his mother
Laxmibai who passed away six years ago.
A huge procession was later taken out to express the
solidarity for the cause of the Jan Lokpal Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials