Blue board hoisted at Anna Hazare`s birth place
Ahmednagar: A blue board marking the
birth place of social activist Anna Hazare in Bhingar area,
located on periphery of the city, was on Sunday hoisted in the
presence of supporters of the Jan Lokpal movement from across
Around 3000 supporters cum organisers of the Jan
Lokpal movement from the states of Bihar, Utter Pradesh,
Hariyana, Delhi, Punjab, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh were
present at the function organised by the Jan Lokpal Kruti
Samiti in the morning.
The blue board signifies the ancestral house where the
Gandhian was born on June 15, 1937.
The house is named as "Laxmi" after his mother
Laxmibai who passed away six years ago.
A huge procession was later taken out to express the
solidarity for the cause of the Jan Lokpal Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- GMR wins contract for Goa's greenfield airport project
- Six scientists about to wrap up yearlong Mars simulation in Hawaii
- Juergen Klopp disappointed as Liverpool haunted by familiar failings
- Know how much you have to exactly pay for cancelling confirmed Rail e-tickets
- India pivotal power, can tilt Asia the way it wants: MJ Akbar