Blue board hoisted at Anna Hazare`s birth place
Ahmednagar: A blue board marking the
birth place of social activist Anna Hazare in Bhingar area,
located on periphery of the city, was on Sunday hoisted in the
presence of supporters of the Jan Lokpal movement from across
Around 3000 supporters cum organisers of the Jan
Lokpal movement from the states of Bihar, Utter Pradesh,
Hariyana, Delhi, Punjab, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh were
present at the function organised by the Jan Lokpal Kruti
Samiti in the morning.
The blue board signifies the ancestral house where the
Gandhian was born on June 15, 1937.
The house is named as "Laxmi" after his mother
Laxmibai who passed away six years ago.
A huge procession was later taken out to express the
solidarity for the cause of the Jan Lokpal Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?