BMC asks Sena to remove Balasaheb photo atop `Sena Bhawan`
Mumbai: Shiv Sena on Friday said civic
authorities had asked for removal of the photo of party chief
Bal Thackeray atop `Sena Bhawan`, the saffron outfit`s
"A BMC official phoned me, saying Balasaheb`s photo be
removed as the code of conduct for the October 13 Assembly
polls in the state is in force," senior Sena leader Manohar
Joshi told agency.
The former Lok Sabha Speaker expressed surprise over the
directive, saying "having our leader`s photo on the party
office does not tantamount to breach of the code as it has
been put up much before elections were announced."
Joshi said the party has not received any such directive
from Election Commission. "We have not received any notice on
the issue," he added.
A district election official said no specific notice (on
Thackeray`s photo) was sent to the Sena but guidelines on
prevention of defacement of property have been posted on the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price