BMC asks Sena to remove Balasaheb photo atop `Sena Bhawan`
Mumbai: Shiv Sena on Friday said civic
authorities had asked for removal of the photo of party chief
Bal Thackeray atop `Sena Bhawan`, the saffron outfit`s
"A BMC official phoned me, saying Balasaheb`s photo be
removed as the code of conduct for the October 13 Assembly
polls in the state is in force," senior Sena leader Manohar
Joshi told agency.
The former Lok Sabha Speaker expressed surprise over the
directive, saying "having our leader`s photo on the party
office does not tantamount to breach of the code as it has
been put up much before elections were announced."
Joshi said the party has not received any such directive
from Election Commission. "We have not received any notice on
the issue," he added.
A district election official said no specific notice (on
Thackeray`s photo) was sent to the Sena but guidelines on
prevention of defacement of property have been posted on the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez