BMC asks Sena to remove Balasaheb photo atop `Sena Bhawan`
Mumbai: Shiv Sena on Friday said civic
authorities had asked for removal of the photo of party chief
Bal Thackeray atop `Sena Bhawan`, the saffron outfit`s
"A BMC official phoned me, saying Balasaheb`s photo be
removed as the code of conduct for the October 13 Assembly
polls in the state is in force," senior Sena leader Manohar
Joshi told agency.
The former Lok Sabha Speaker expressed surprise over the
directive, saying "having our leader`s photo on the party
office does not tantamount to breach of the code as it has
been put up much before elections were announced."
Joshi said the party has not received any such directive
from Election Commission. "We have not received any notice on
the issue," he added.
A district election official said no specific notice (on
Thackeray`s photo) was sent to the Sena but guidelines on
prevention of defacement of property have been posted on the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical