BMC asks Sena to remove Balasaheb photo atop `Sena Bhawan`
Mumbai: Shiv Sena on Friday said civic
authorities had asked for removal of the photo of party chief
Bal Thackeray atop `Sena Bhawan`, the saffron outfit`s
"A BMC official phoned me, saying Balasaheb`s photo be
removed as the code of conduct for the October 13 Assembly
polls in the state is in force," senior Sena leader Manohar
Joshi told agency.
The former Lok Sabha Speaker expressed surprise over the
directive, saying "having our leader`s photo on the party
office does not tantamount to breach of the code as it has
been put up much before elections were announced."
Joshi said the party has not received any such directive
from Election Commission. "We have not received any notice on
the issue," he added.
A district election official said no specific notice (on
Thackeray`s photo) was sent to the Sena but guidelines on
prevention of defacement of property have been posted on the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case