BMC demarcates area for Bal Thackeray`s ‘garden memorial’
Mumbai: The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation has demarcated the area to build a landscaped garden in the memory of late Shiv Sena patriarch Balasaheb Thackeray at Shivaji Park in central Mumbai.
The proposal to build a 20 x 40 feet landscaped garden has been submitted by the Shiv Sena to the BMC.
The garden which awaits final nod from the Maharashtra government and Bombay High Court will come up alongside the statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
Meanwhile, BMC officials were unavailable for comment on when the civic body will seek permission from the state government to build the garden.
Police security cover continues at the demarcated site to avoid any untoward incident. A Rapid Intervention Vehicle (RIV) and around 25 personnel of Riot Control Police (RCP) are deployed at the spot.
Two days ago, party workers had removed the temporary structure at the funeral spot of Thackeray in Shivaji Park which had become a makeshift memorial for his followers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch