BMC engineers held captive by MNS for six hours
Mumbai: A Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) corporator and his associates allegedly held three BMC engineers "captive" for nearly six hours on Tuesday, at their office, to get a written assurance to address the city`s potholes menace.
MNS corporator Sandeep Deshpande claimed that he, along with his party workers went to the G North ward office of the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) in Dadar demanding a written assurance that potholes in the Dadar area be fixed at the earliest.
"I went to the BMC office at about 11.30 am and sat there till 5.15 pm along with three engineers, whom I did not allow to go anywhere. Finally, they gave me a written assurance stating that about 50 potholes in this area will be fixed in 48 hours," he said.
He also demanded that the contractor should be blacklisted for carrying out inferior work his area.
While the corporator sat with the engineers, the civic body`s senior officials also visited him and sought to know problems in his area, sources said.
However, no police complaint has been lodged in this connection.
"I had been to the Dadar civic body office but nobody complained to us about this incident. Deshpande sat at the BMC office and discussed the potholes menace with civic body officials," Shivaji Park police station`s senior inspector Parshuram Kakad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says