BMC polls: Over 1 crore electorate to cast vote
Mumbai: Over one crore voters are expected to
exercise their franchise on Thursday to elect 227
representatives from 2,232 candidates who are in the fray for
the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) polls, civic
chief Subodh Kumar said.
The campaigning for the civic poll ended this evening for
the February 16 polling.
"Among the total of 1,027,9,377 voters, 57,17,972 are men
while 45,61,405 are women," Kumar told a press conference.
He said 41,000 BMC staff would be on election duty on
8,326 polling stations. Counting will be held on February 17.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'