BMC suspends seven engineers after Mazgaon building collapse
Mumbai: The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) suspended seven engineers on Sunday in connection with the residential building collapse in Mazgaon on Friday.
The suspended engineers are executive engineer M N Patel, assistant engineer MK Redekar, assistant engineer IN Aley, assistant engineer NS Ghadge, assistant engineer Rahul Jadhav, deputy superintendent (market) DC Chavan and inspector Jamal Kazi, a civic official said.
The civic body has also decided to table a proposal to conduct an inquiry against 18 other officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police