BMC to waive burial charges
Mumbai: The local civic body has decided to
waive the charges for burying dead bodies at Hindu
crematoriums and Christian cemeteries in the metropolis.
The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), which has
already waived the charges for burial in Muslim cemeteries,
has now decided to extend the benefit to Hindus and Christians
The proposal, to be tabled before the Standing Committee
for approval on Friday, has already been approved by the
The BMC charges Rs 75 for the burial of an adult and
Rs 20 for child. It supplies firewood free in Hindu
There are 43 Hindu crematoriums and seven Christian
cemeteries in the city. Though most Hindus cremate dead
bodies, there are some who bury the dead.
There had been demands from corporators to waive the
charges for burial in Hindu crematoriums.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say