BMC to waive burial charges
Mumbai: The local civic body has decided to
waive the charges for burying dead bodies at Hindu
crematoriums and Christian cemeteries in the metropolis.
The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), which has
already waived the charges for burial in Muslim cemeteries,
has now decided to extend the benefit to Hindus and Christians
The proposal, to be tabled before the Standing Committee
for approval on Friday, has already been approved by the
The BMC charges Rs 75 for the burial of an adult and
Rs 20 for child. It supplies firewood free in Hindu
There are 43 Hindu crematoriums and seven Christian
cemeteries in the city. Though most Hindus cremate dead
bodies, there are some who bury the dead.
There had been demands from corporators to waive the
charges for burial in Hindu crematoriums.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?