BMC trauma care hospital to be named after Bal Thackeray
Mumbai: A trauma care hospital, scheduled to be opened in two months, will be named after late Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray, Mumbai Mayor Sunil Prabhu said here Monday.
Prabhu made the announcement at the opening ceremony of the renovated Shatabdi hospital in suburban Kandivli.
The renovated hospital, renamed Bharatratna Babasaheb Ambedkar Municipal General hospital, was inaugurated by Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray.
The 266-bed trauma hospital is coming up along the Western Express Highway at the Ajgaonkar plot in Jogeshwari.
The Kandivli hospital has 30 separate rooms with beds and attached toilets for patients willing to pay more, Additional Municipal Commissioner Manisha Mhaiskar said.
The facility has 324 beds. A 10-bed ward has been earmarked exclusively for chemotherapy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- University of Mumbai T.Y.B.Com Semester Six (75:25) Result 2016 declared on mu.ac.in
- Poland National Championships 2016: Quarter-miler Mohd. Anas sets new national record
- NHRC notice to Karnataka over ragging of Dalit student
- Saudi cop shot dead in Shiite district: Ministry
- Twitter activates Foursquare-powered location feed for iOS users