BMC trauma care hospital to be named after Bal Thackeray
Mumbai: A trauma care hospital, scheduled to be opened in two months, will be named after late Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray, Mumbai Mayor Sunil Prabhu said here Monday.
Prabhu made the announcement at the opening ceremony of the renovated Shatabdi hospital in suburban Kandivli.
The renovated hospital, renamed Bharatratna Babasaheb Ambedkar Municipal General hospital, was inaugurated by Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray.
The 266-bed trauma hospital is coming up along the Western Express Highway at the Ajgaonkar plot in Jogeshwari.
The Kandivli hospital has 30 separate rooms with beds and attached toilets for patients willing to pay more, Additional Municipal Commissioner Manisha Mhaiskar said.
The facility has 324 beds. A 10-bed ward has been earmarked exclusively for chemotherapy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing