BMC trauma care hospital to be named after Bal Thackeray
Mumbai: A trauma care hospital, scheduled to be opened in two months, will be named after late Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray, Mumbai Mayor Sunil Prabhu said here Monday.
Prabhu made the announcement at the opening ceremony of the renovated Shatabdi hospital in suburban Kandivli.
The renovated hospital, renamed Bharatratna Babasaheb Ambedkar Municipal General hospital, was inaugurated by Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray.
The 266-bed trauma hospital is coming up along the Western Express Highway at the Ajgaonkar plot in Jogeshwari.
The Kandivli hospital has 30 separate rooms with beds and attached toilets for patients willing to pay more, Additional Municipal Commissioner Manisha Mhaiskar said.
The facility has 324 beds. A 10-bed ward has been earmarked exclusively for chemotherapy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter