BMC trauma care hospital to be named after Bal Thackeray
Mumbai: A trauma care hospital, scheduled to be opened in two months, will be named after late Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray, Mumbai Mayor Sunil Prabhu said here on Monday.
Prabhu made the announcement at the opening ceremony of the renovated Shatabdi hospital in suburban Kandivli.
The renovated hospital, renamed Bharatratna Babasaheb Ambedkar Municipal General hospital, was inaugurated by Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray.
The 266-bed trauma hospital is coming up along the Western Express Highway at the Ajgaonkar plot in Jogeshwari.
The Kandivli hospital has 30 separate rooms with beds and attached toilets for patients willing to pay more, Additional Municipal Commissioner Manisha Mhaiskar said.
The facility has 324 beds. A 10-bed ward has been earmarked exclusively for chemotherapy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Badaun re-run? Teenage girl murdered after gang-rape, body hanged from tree in UP
- Teen sensation Marcus Rashford signs bumper long-term contract at Manchester United: Reports
- Mexican soccer star Alan Pulido kidnapped in border state
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis pair crashes out of French Open
- 2nd Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka's Angelo Mathews leads from front to frustrate England