BMC ‘unaware’ when Shivaji statue was installed at Park
Mumbai: The Mumbai civic body has said it has no such record about the date when the statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj was installed in the Shivaji Park here.
To a query under the RTI Act, the BMC expressed its ignorance when the statue of the Great Maratha king was installed in the park.
This was stated by RTI activist Anil Galgali, who had sought information from the Municipal Secretary about when the Park was named as Shivaji Park and when the statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji was installed there.
The Municipal Secretary Department, in its reply, admitted that they have no such information and details in their records.
The department gave a copy of a notice of motion dated May 10, 1927, which was proposed by GB Nare and seconded by Avantikabai Gokhalay about renaming the Mahim Park as Shivaji Park to commemorate the tricentenary of Shivaji Maharaj.
"It is shocking that the BMC does not have any record of installation of statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj," said Galgali.
This shows the lack of interest and negligence towards the great personality, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?