BMC ‘unaware’ when Shivaji statue was installed at Park
Mumbai: The Mumbai civic body has said it has no such record about the date when the statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj was installed in the Shivaji Park here.
To a query under the RTI Act, the BMC expressed its ignorance when the statue of the Great Maratha king was installed in the park.
This was stated by RTI activist Anil Galgali, who had sought information from the Municipal Secretary about when the Park was named as Shivaji Park and when the statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji was installed there.
The Municipal Secretary Department, in its reply, admitted that they have no such information and details in their records.
The department gave a copy of a notice of motion dated May 10, 1927, which was proposed by GB Nare and seconded by Avantikabai Gokhalay about renaming the Mahim Park as Shivaji Park to commemorate the tricentenary of Shivaji Maharaj.
"It is shocking that the BMC does not have any record of installation of statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj," said Galgali.
This shows the lack of interest and negligence towards the great personality, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Jules Bianchi: Late F1 driver's family plan legal action against F1
- Aamir Khan, Kajol's 'Fanaa' ticks 10 years, team celebrates on Twitter!
- Manchester United lacked identity under Louis van Gaal, says Cristiano Ronaldo
- Want to take more people of colour on my show: Aziz Ansari
- Twitter poll a prophecy? 61% of fans feel Salman Khan's 'Sultan' will sprint ahead 300 cr mark!