BMC ‘unaware’ when Shivaji statue was installed at Park
Mumbai: The Mumbai civic body has said it has no such record about the date when the statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj was installed in the Shivaji Park here.
To a query under the RTI Act, the BMC expressed its ignorance when the statue of the Great Maratha king was installed in the park.
This was stated by RTI activist Anil Galgali, who had sought information from the Municipal Secretary about when the Park was named as Shivaji Park and when the statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji was installed there.
The Municipal Secretary Department, in its reply, admitted that they have no such information and details in their records.
The department gave a copy of a notice of motion dated May 10, 1927, which was proposed by GB Nare and seconded by Avantikabai Gokhalay about renaming the Mahim Park as Shivaji Park to commemorate the tricentenary of Shivaji Maharaj.
"It is shocking that the BMC does not have any record of installation of statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj," said Galgali.
This shows the lack of interest and negligence towards the great personality, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP