BMC ‘unaware’ when Shivaji statue was installed at Park
Mumbai: The Mumbai civic body has said it has no such record about the date when the statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj was installed in the Shivaji Park here.
To a query under the RTI Act, the BMC expressed its ignorance when the statue of the Great Maratha king was installed in the park.
This was stated by RTI activist Anil Galgali, who had sought information from the Municipal Secretary about when the Park was named as Shivaji Park and when the statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji was installed there.
The Municipal Secretary Department, in its reply, admitted that they have no such information and details in their records.
The department gave a copy of a notice of motion dated May 10, 1927, which was proposed by GB Nare and seconded by Avantikabai Gokhalay about renaming the Mahim Park as Shivaji Park to commemorate the tricentenary of Shivaji Maharaj.
"It is shocking that the BMC does not have any record of installation of statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj," said Galgali.
This shows the lack of interest and negligence towards the great personality, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof