BMC ‘unaware’ when Shivaji statue was installed at Park
Mumbai: The Mumbai civic body has said it has no such record about the date when the statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj was installed in the Shivaji Park here.
To a query under the RTI Act, the BMC expressed its ignorance when the statue of the Great Maratha king was installed in the park.
This was stated by RTI activist Anil Galgali, who had sought information from the Municipal Secretary about when the Park was named as Shivaji Park and when the statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji was installed there.
The Municipal Secretary Department, in its reply, admitted that they have no such information and details in their records.
The department gave a copy of a notice of motion dated May 10, 1927, which was proposed by GB Nare and seconded by Avantikabai Gokhalay about renaming the Mahim Park as Shivaji Park to commemorate the tricentenary of Shivaji Maharaj.
"It is shocking that the BMC does not have any record of installation of statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj," said Galgali.
This shows the lack of interest and negligence towards the great personality, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'