BMC`s centralised system to curb overcharging at parking lots
Mumbai: In order to prevent overcharging
at parking lots across the metropolis, the Brihanmumbai
Municipal Corporation (BMC) has decided to computerise the
entire process in the coming months.
"We intend to install a centralised computer system to
curb the overcharging nuisance in the parking lots of the
civic body. In this system all parking lots handling machines,
which release the payment receipts, will be connected to the
BMC`s common server. The server will also record all vehicle
numbers with place, time and date," Additional Municipal
Commissioner Aseem Gupta told reporters here.
The BMC will install the new system in next four
months. There are altogether 117 roadside pay-and-park lots in
The civic administration received a number of
complaints about cheating at parking lots, especially in the
island city, through overcharging.
With this new system we will able to get rid of
overcharging complaints at parking lots. One of the important
features of this system will be the availability of short
message service (SMS). As the machines used by the pay-and-
park operators at these parking lots are connected to the
BMC`s main server, it will have the record of each and every
vehicle. The vehicle owner can have this information on his
mobile through the SMS service," Gupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa