BMC`s centralised system to curb overcharging at parking lots
Mumbai: In order to prevent overcharging
at parking lots across the metropolis, the Brihanmumbai
Municipal Corporation (BMC) has decided to computerise the
entire process in the coming months.
"We intend to install a centralised computer system to
curb the overcharging nuisance in the parking lots of the
civic body. In this system all parking lots handling machines,
which release the payment receipts, will be connected to the
BMC`s common server. The server will also record all vehicle
numbers with place, time and date," Additional Municipal
Commissioner Aseem Gupta told reporters here.
The BMC will install the new system in next four
months. There are altogether 117 roadside pay-and-park lots in
The civic administration received a number of
complaints about cheating at parking lots, especially in the
island city, through overcharging.
With this new system we will able to get rid of
overcharging complaints at parking lots. One of the important
features of this system will be the availability of short
message service (SMS). As the machines used by the pay-and-
park operators at these parking lots are connected to the
BMC`s main server, it will have the record of each and every
vehicle. The vehicle owner can have this information on his
mobile through the SMS service," Gupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh