Bodh Gaya blasts: Alert sounded in Maharashtra
Mumbai: In the wake of serial blasts at Bodh Gaya on Sunday, an alert has been sounded in Maharashtra, state Home Minister RR Patil said.
"Yes, an alert has been sounded in the state even though there are no specific inputs or threats," Patil told.
He also appealed to maintain calm in the state.
"The attack is highly condemnable. I appeal to the people, particularly the Dalit community, to maintain calm. If required, security will be beefed up at the Buddhist pilgrim sites in the state," he said, adding that the state government would help the Centre in the investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka