Bodh Gaya blasts: Alert sounded in Maharashtra
Mumbai: In the wake of serial blasts at Bodh Gaya on Sunday, an alert has been sounded in Maharashtra, state Home Minister RR Patil said.
"Yes, an alert has been sounded in the state even though there are no specific inputs or threats," Patil told.
He also appealed to maintain calm in the state.
"The attack is highly condemnable. I appeal to the people, particularly the Dalit community, to maintain calm. If required, security will be beefed up at the Buddhist pilgrim sites in the state," he said, adding that the state government would help the Centre in the investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM