Bodies of 11 Thane victims handed over to families
Malda: Bodies of 11 victims of Thane building collapse were brought here on Sunday and handed over to their families in different villages of Kalichak block II of the district.
The bodies were brought in body bags by road from Kolkata, where they were flown down yesterday, official sources said adding a pall of gloom descended on the area after their arrival.
Later, Union Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare AH Khan Chowdhury visited the bereaved families and condoled the deaths.
The 11 were among the 74 who died in the building collapse in Shil Phata area of Thane district in Maharashtra on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley