Body inside bag at CST: Second accused arrested
Mumbai: A teenager, who assisted a painter in allegedly murdering his 27-year-old partner and dumping her body in a suitcase at CST railway station on September 26, has been arrested, police said on Sunday.
The victim`s quarrel with her live-in partner (the prime accused) over his "illicit relationship" with a minor girl living in neighbourhood led to her murder, railway police claimed.
Amol Karanjule (19) was arrested last evening after prime accused Pravin Thackeray (29) was nabbed from Pune earlier in the day.
Pravin was in a relationship with the deceased, identified as Roshni (27), since 2002.
Last morning, Pune railway police nabbed Thackeray and informed the CST railway police here before bringing him to the metropolis, police said.
Explaining the case, Government Railway Police (GRP) Commissioner Prabhat Kumar said, "Thackeray and Roshni, both neighbours in a village in Amaravati district, had eloped in 2002 and settled in Pune. The couple have a son. Their relationship soured a few years ago. However in 2012, Roshni came to know that Thackeray was having an affair with a minor girl who was their neighbour at Hanuman Nagar of Chikhali area."
Another officer said, "Thackeray and the minor girl were found twice in a compromising position by Roshni, who began to have quarrels with him. Fed up with this, Thackeray had assaulted her on September 25 morning. They again had a heated argument on the same day at 5.30 PM when he assaulted her before strangling her. Later, he purchased a bag from Pimpri-Chinchwad area and with the help of his friend Amol, he bundled the body in it."
The next morning the duo took a train from Pune and planned to hurl the bag from a moving train at Lonawala but due to heavy rush, they could not.
From Lonavala, the duo took Sinhagadh Express train and planned to dump it in Mumbra but in vain. The bag was then brought to the CST station and they had planned to sneak out of the station but due to heavy security, they left it at the station itself."
As Thackeray and Roshni stayed in a rented house in Hanuman Nagar of Chikhali, the land owner`s son identified Thackeray in the CCTV footage released in the media, days after the body was found at the station, police said.
Scared, Thackeray shifted to another rented house but his friends also started asking him about his wife in the wake of the CCTV footage showed in the media, police added.
In the meantime, the Pune police received inputs about Thackeray and he was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you