Body of man who plunged from sealink found at Dadar shore
Mumbai: The body of an unidentified man,
who had jumped into the sea from the Bandra Worli Sea Link
after throwing a suspicious object into the water, was found
off Dadar shore in central Mumbai, police said on Sunday.
The man, aged between 30 to 35 years, was captured in a
CCTV footage while walking on the bridge and carrying a
suspicious object yesterday morning, they said.
Suspecting his behaviour, a police constable deployed
there asked him to come to the police chowky. However, the man
panicked and threw the object in the water and plunged from
the bridge, they said.
An alert was sent to all police stations in the region
and a search operation was started in the sea but in vain.
Past midnight, the body was found at the shores of Dadar,
police said, adding, they could not find anything that could
help them in establishing his identity.
"The deceased was clean shaven and appears to be from
a good family. It seems to be a case of suicide, no suspicious
object was found from him," A D Unde, Senior Inspector at
Dadar Police Station, said.
The body was taken to civic-run Sion hospital for post
mortem, police said, adding that further probe was on.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'