Body of man who plunged from sealink found at Dadar shore
Mumbai: The body of an unidentified man,
who had jumped into the sea from the Bandra Worli Sea Link
after throwing a suspicious object into the water, was found
off Dadar shore in central Mumbai, police said on Sunday.
The man, aged between 30 to 35 years, was captured in a
CCTV footage while walking on the bridge and carrying a
suspicious object yesterday morning, they said.
Suspecting his behaviour, a police constable deployed
there asked him to come to the police chowky. However, the man
panicked and threw the object in the water and plunged from
the bridge, they said.
An alert was sent to all police stations in the region
and a search operation was started in the sea but in vain.
Past midnight, the body was found at the shores of Dadar,
police said, adding, they could not find anything that could
help them in establishing his identity.
"The deceased was clean shaven and appears to be from
a good family. It seems to be a case of suicide, no suspicious
object was found from him," A D Unde, Senior Inspector at
Dadar Police Station, said.
The body was taken to civic-run Sion hospital for post
mortem, police said, adding that further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof