Body of man who plunged from sealink found at Dadar shore
Mumbai: The body of an unidentified man,
who had jumped into the sea from the Bandra Worli Sea Link
after throwing a suspicious object into the water, was found
off Dadar shore in central Mumbai, police said on Sunday.
The man, aged between 30 to 35 years, was captured in a
CCTV footage while walking on the bridge and carrying a
suspicious object yesterday morning, they said.
Suspecting his behaviour, a police constable deployed
there asked him to come to the police chowky. However, the man
panicked and threw the object in the water and plunged from
the bridge, they said.
An alert was sent to all police stations in the region
and a search operation was started in the sea but in vain.
Past midnight, the body was found at the shores of Dadar,
police said, adding, they could not find anything that could
help them in establishing his identity.
"The deceased was clean shaven and appears to be from
a good family. It seems to be a case of suicide, no suspicious
object was found from him," A D Unde, Senior Inspector at
Dadar Police Station, said.
The body was taken to civic-run Sion hospital for post
mortem, police said, adding that further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack