Bodybuilder detained for smuggling women`s clothes; let off
Mumbai: A man, who claimed to have
participated at various bodybuilding contests including Mr
Universe, was detained at the airport here while trying to
smuggle women`s clothes worth nearly Rs 1.5 lakh, an official
Vikas Singh (30), who claimed to have won Mr India, Mr
Maharashtra, Mr Jammu and Kashmir and Mr North India titles
over the years, was intercepted while he was passing through
the green channel on Friday at around 11.30 pm, the customs
official said on condition of anonymity.
Upon checking Singh`s luggage, women apparel, that were
not declared by him, were found in his possession, the
Singh, who is a resident of Khar and works as a trainer in
a gymnasium, was questioned in this regard when he confessed
to have smuggled clothes for shopkeepers in Lokhandwala area,
he said, adding Singh had been to Bangkok and was returning
from there when he was caught.
"He was caught with women cloths and was later fined before
being let off on Saturday at 3 am," said Sameer Wankhede,
Deputy Commissioner of Customs.
Singh had participated in Mr Universe 2010 - Musclemania
title held in Miami, Florida where around 200 contestants from
32 countries participated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Please do not speculate: Police to commentators
- German president 'horrified' by 'murderous attack' in Munich
- Munich newspaper says has unconfirmed report one shooter dead
- Indian consulate in Munich puts out advisory
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman