Bomb disposal vessels for all NSG hubs
New Delhi: NSG will station new and stronger bomb disposal vessels at all the four newly created NSG hubs for ensuring full-fledged response by the elite force in case
of a terror attack.
Official sources said the `Total Containment Vessel` (TCV), used for the first time during the Delhi serial blasts would be stationed at Hyderabad, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata.
The green coloured TCV made its mark during the 2008 serial blasts when a bomb in Central Park here was detonated within the safe confines of the vessel.
TCV is a highly sophisticated bomb disposal equipment used by over 24 military organisations around the world.
The NSG, which has only one TCV, at present is in the process of acquiring 14 other vessels.
The force is also in the process of acquiring 22 bomb suits and a host of other equipments to maximise its operational capabilities.
The force is shopping for Shot Gun Spas or Spas Gun, which will be used to force open doors.
It is also looking for `Laser Listening Devices`, a favourite of intelligence agencies across the world as it can be used to eavesdrop conversations even more than 400 metres
The procurements are being made based on the experience during the `Operation Black Tornado` against terrorists in Mumbai during the terror attack in November 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!