Bomb hoax grounds Kingfisher Mumbai-Lucknow flight
Mumbai: A Lucknow-bound Kingfisher
Airlines flight with 166 passengers on board was grounded here
today after an anonymous phone call warning of a bomb planted
in the plane.
The call was later declared to be hoax.
The aircraft was taken to a remote bay and all
the 166 passengers have been deplaned, a Kingfisher Airlines
spokesperson told PTI.
The flight, IT-3149 was scheduled to take off from the
Mumbai`s domestic airport at 1645 hrs when the call came.
Security personnel carried out a thorough search of
the aircraft and evacuated passengers to the terminal
building, the spokesperson said.
The call has reportedly been traced to Mumbai’s Nerul area and the caller is yet to be nabbed.
Bollywood actress Celina Jaitely’s mother was in the plane when the passengers were asked to evacuate. “The authorities said it was an emergency. My mother called to say the bomb squad had surrounded the aircraft,” she told a TV channel.
She added that the authorities had been prompt in their response.
After the bomb squad gave clearance, the flight was given the go-ahead to take off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble