Bomb hoax grounds Kingfisher Mumbai-Lucknow flight
Mumbai: A Lucknow-bound Kingfisher
Airlines flight with 166 passengers on board was grounded here
today after an anonymous phone call warning of a bomb planted
in the plane.
The call was later declared to be hoax.
The aircraft was taken to a remote bay and all
the 166 passengers have been deplaned, a Kingfisher Airlines
spokesperson told PTI.
The flight, IT-3149 was scheduled to take off from the
Mumbai`s domestic airport at 1645 hrs when the call came.
Security personnel carried out a thorough search of
the aircraft and evacuated passengers to the terminal
building, the spokesperson said.
The call has reportedly been traced to Mumbai’s Nerul area and the caller is yet to be nabbed.
Bollywood actress Celina Jaitely’s mother was in the plane when the passengers were asked to evacuate. “The authorities said it was an emergency. My mother called to say the bomb squad had surrounded the aircraft,” she told a TV channel.
She added that the authorities had been prompt in their response.
After the bomb squad gave clearance, the flight was given the go-ahead to take off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured