Bomb hoax grounds Kingfisher Mumbai-Lucknow flight
Mumbai: A Lucknow-bound Kingfisher
Airlines flight with 166 passengers on board was grounded here
today after an anonymous phone call warning of a bomb planted
in the plane.
The call was later declared to be hoax.
The aircraft was taken to a remote bay and all
the 166 passengers have been deplaned, a Kingfisher Airlines
spokesperson told PTI.
The flight, IT-3149 was scheduled to take off from the
Mumbai`s domestic airport at 1645 hrs when the call came.
Security personnel carried out a thorough search of
the aircraft and evacuated passengers to the terminal
building, the spokesperson said.
The call has reportedly been traced to Mumbai’s Nerul area and the caller is yet to be nabbed.
Bollywood actress Celina Jaitely’s mother was in the plane when the passengers were asked to evacuate. “The authorities said it was an emergency. My mother called to say the bomb squad had surrounded the aircraft,” she told a TV channel.
She added that the authorities had been prompt in their response.
After the bomb squad gave clearance, the flight was given the go-ahead to take off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming