Bomb hoax grounds Kingfisher Mumbai-Lucknow flight
Mumbai: A Lucknow-bound Kingfisher
Airlines flight with 166 passengers on board was grounded here
today after an anonymous phone call warning of a bomb planted
in the plane.
The call was later declared to be hoax.
The aircraft was taken to a remote bay and all
the 166 passengers have been deplaned, a Kingfisher Airlines
spokesperson told PTI.
The flight, IT-3149 was scheduled to take off from the
Mumbai`s domestic airport at 1645 hrs when the call came.
Security personnel carried out a thorough search of
the aircraft and evacuated passengers to the terminal
building, the spokesperson said.
The call has reportedly been traced to Mumbai’s Nerul area and the caller is yet to be nabbed.
Bollywood actress Celina Jaitely’s mother was in the plane when the passengers were asked to evacuate. “The authorities said it was an emergency. My mother called to say the bomb squad had surrounded the aircraft,” she told a TV channel.
She added that the authorities had been prompt in their response.
After the bomb squad gave clearance, the flight was given the go-ahead to take off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'