Bomb hoax grounds Kingfisher Mumbai-Lucknow flight
Mumbai: A Lucknow-bound Kingfisher
Airlines flight with 166 passengers on board was grounded here
today after an anonymous phone call warning of a bomb planted
in the plane.
The call was later declared to be hoax.
The aircraft was taken to a remote bay and all
the 166 passengers have been deplaned, a Kingfisher Airlines
spokesperson told PTI.
The flight, IT-3149 was scheduled to take off from the
Mumbai`s domestic airport at 1645 hrs when the call came.
Security personnel carried out a thorough search of
the aircraft and evacuated passengers to the terminal
building, the spokesperson said.
The call has reportedly been traced to Mumbai’s Nerul area and the caller is yet to be nabbed.
Bollywood actress Celina Jaitely’s mother was in the plane when the passengers were asked to evacuate. “The authorities said it was an emergency. My mother called to say the bomb squad had surrounded the aircraft,” she told a TV channel.
She added that the authorities had been prompt in their response.
After the bomb squad gave clearance, the flight was given the go-ahead to take off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred