Bombay HC allows Adnan Sami to visit Pak, UK for mother`s treatment
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court has allowed singer Adnan Sami to travel to Pakistan, his home country, to to meet his ailing mother and further to London for her medical treatment, from May 11 to 28.
Hearing Sami`s application in this regard, Justice Revati Mohite-Dere yesterday also directed the Oshiwara police here to return him his passport after he submitted his itinerary, and details of the places where he intends to stay and contact numbers.
Sami is embroiled in a legal battle, involving civil as well as criminal cases, with his former wife Sabah Galadari. He had handed over his passport to the police on the court`s order earlier.
Sami yesterday furnished undertakings of two sureties and promised to file undertaking of another surety on Monday.
"In view of compliance of the (earlier) orders, the applicant is permitted to travel to Pakistan to meet his ailing mother and to London, if required, for her treatment from 11th May, 2014 to 28th May, 2014," said the Judge.
Sami pleaded that he may be required to travel even later for a concert on June 8. The court said he would be able to retain the passport upon his return till June 4, so that he could apply for a visa again.
His lawyers Ranbir Singh and Amit Ghag assured that Sami would deposit his passport with Oshiwara police on June 5.
The judge however said that he would have to apply to the HC afresh for travel after May 28. Edith Dey and Sana Usman, Sabah`s lawyers, opposed Sami`s plea for permission to go abroad. "He wants to travel on the ground that his mother is ill. However, it is not so. He has not got the sureties nor has he signed the bonds before the Magistrate," the lawyers argued. However the HC did not accept their contention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video