Bombay HC asks police to complete probe in boy`s death after surgery
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court has directed the city police to complete within a month the probe into the death of a boy at a city hospital after he was operated upon for a heart ailment in November 2011.
The order was passed by the division bench of Justices SC Dharmadhikari and Gautam Patel on Thursday after reading a report filed by the dean of the Government-run JJ Hospital in the case.
Protection of Rights Association, an NGO, has filed a petition alleging that medical negligence was responsible for the boy`s death.
The court asked the Samata Nagar Police Station to complete the probe and file final report within 30 days.
Krishna Dulani, the boy, died at Fortis Hospital here on November 13, 2011, following a surgery for a heart ailment. The cause of death was not mentioned in the post mortem report as results of some examinations were awaited.
"His parents have been running from pillar to post but neither police nor forensic lab at suburban Kalina have responded," said advocate Aniket Nikam, the NGO`s lawyer.
"It is only after the court`s intervention that police filed an FIR last month," he said.
The petition seeks that the forensic lab should reveal the cause of death.
The boy had been operated for heart condition at a Delhi hospital when he was 7-month old. In 2011, he developed a breathing problem, and a further surgery was advised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi