Bombay HC disbands Shirdi Sai Sansthan
Aurangabad: The Aurangabad Bench of Bombay High Court on Tuesday ordered the disbanding of Shirdi Sai Sansthan, the body which governs the world famous Sai Baba temple in Shirdi in Ahmednagar district.
The temple, one of India’s richest, is being governed by the Shree Sai Baba Sansthan Trust. Acting on a PIL filed by Shirdi BJP president Rajendra Gondkar and social activist Sandip Kulkarni, the court directed the district collector to oversee the formation of a new governing body.
The Sansthan has been under the scanner after allegations of misappropriation of funds by some trustees came to light.
On March 2, a local court in Rahata, near Shirdi, had directed the police to conduct a probe and register a case against three trustees of the Shri Sai Baba Sansthan, who allegedly cheated the trust. The accused K C Pandey, Capt. Suresh Vasudeva and Urmila Jadhav submitted fake travelling bills and cheated the Shri Sai Baba Sansthan of Rs 1.67 lakh between 2004-2007.
In 2010, the Bombay High Court had directed Maharashtra Government to forthwith frame rules to govern the affairs of the trust and constitute a new managing committee whose term expired in 2007.
The bench noted that since last six years the rules had not been framed to govern the trust as laid down under Section 25 of Shree Sai Baba Sansthan Trust (Shirdi) Act, 2004.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks