Bombay HC disbands Shirdi Sai Sansthan
Aurangabad: The Aurangabad Bench of Bombay High Court on Tuesday ordered the disbanding of Shirdi Sai Sansthan, the body which governs the world famous Sai Baba temple in Shirdi in Ahmednagar district.
The temple, one of India’s richest, is being governed by the Shree Sai Baba Sansthan Trust. Acting on a PIL filed by Shirdi BJP president Rajendra Gondkar and social activist Sandip Kulkarni, the court directed the district collector to oversee the formation of a new governing body.
The Sansthan has been under the scanner after allegations of misappropriation of funds by some trustees came to light.
On March 2, a local court in Rahata, near Shirdi, had directed the police to conduct a probe and register a case against three trustees of the Shri Sai Baba Sansthan, who allegedly cheated the trust. The accused K C Pandey, Capt. Suresh Vasudeva and Urmila Jadhav submitted fake travelling bills and cheated the Shri Sai Baba Sansthan of Rs 1.67 lakh between 2004-2007.
In 2010, the Bombay High Court had directed Maharashtra Government to forthwith frame rules to govern the affairs of the trust and constitute a new managing committee whose term expired in 2007.
The bench noted that since last six years the rules had not been framed to govern the trust as laid down under Section 25 of Shree Sai Baba Sansthan Trust (Shirdi) Act, 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part IV
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Coolpad launches virtual reality headset at Rs 999
- Grounds need to be watered, match or no match: Narendra Modi on IPL drought row
- What is Article 50? The key to Brexit
- GER V SVK: Slovakia eye Germany upset in Euro 2016 pre-quarters
- WAL v NIR: Gareth McAuley own-goal sends Wales into Quarter-finals of Euro 2016