Bombay HC seeks reply from cops for detaining man for over 20 hrs
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court has sought a
reply from two officers attached to Matunga police station for
allegedly detaining a person illegally for over 20 hours last
According to Abhaychandra Yadav (28), the petitioner, he
was illegally detained and beaten by Senior Police Inspector
Deshmukh and police sub-inspector Arjun Sawant.
Yadav contends that he is a businessman, and his office
is located next to Tata Capital Ltd`s office. Tata Capital
gives personal loans for puchasing vehicles.
On July 29, some men hired by Tata Capital confiscated a
car belonging to one Mohd Ismail Hassan as he had not repaid
the loan taken from the company. The company had also
intimated Antop Hill police station about the same.
However, Hassan`s driver lodged complaint of cheating
against unknown persons in Matunga police station, alleging
that they stole the car posing as the company officials.
Since Sachin Mhaskar, who works at Tata Capital, knew
Yadav well, he requested Yadav to go to Matunga police station
and explain that company`s men had taken away the car for
non-repayment of loan.
However, Yadav alleges, when he and his friend Yagnesh
Bhatt went to Matunga on August 12, and explained the
situation, PSI Sawant suddently started shouting at him, and
beat him for "two-three minutes".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- GST: 1% additional tax dropped; states to get full compensation for first 5 years
- Did PCB chief Shaharyar Khan gift 'hijabs' to ECB's female staff? Here's the truth...
- Brie Larson admits she feared backlash for 'Captain Marvel' casting
- Karnataka bus strike called off but do you know how much it cost the exchequer?
- Terrorists planning to target PM Narendra Modi with drone on Independence Day?