Bombay HC seeks reply from cops for detaining man for over 20 hrs
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court has sought a
reply from two officers attached to Matunga police station for
allegedly detaining a person illegally for over 20 hours last
According to Abhaychandra Yadav (28), the petitioner, he
was illegally detained and beaten by Senior Police Inspector
Deshmukh and police sub-inspector Arjun Sawant.
Yadav contends that he is a businessman, and his office
is located next to Tata Capital Ltd`s office. Tata Capital
gives personal loans for puchasing vehicles.
On July 29, some men hired by Tata Capital confiscated a
car belonging to one Mohd Ismail Hassan as he had not repaid
the loan taken from the company. The company had also
intimated Antop Hill police station about the same.
However, Hassan`s driver lodged complaint of cheating
against unknown persons in Matunga police station, alleging
that they stole the car posing as the company officials.
Since Sachin Mhaskar, who works at Tata Capital, knew
Yadav well, he requested Yadav to go to Matunga police station
and explain that company`s men had taken away the car for
non-repayment of loan.
However, Yadav alleges, when he and his friend Yagnesh
Bhatt went to Matunga on August 12, and explained the
situation, PSI Sawant suddently started shouting at him, and
beat him for "two-three minutes".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues