Bombay HC seeks reply from cops for detaining man for over 20 hrs
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court has sought a
reply from two officers attached to Matunga police station for
allegedly detaining a person illegally for over 20 hours last
According to Abhaychandra Yadav (28), the petitioner, he
was illegally detained and beaten by Senior Police Inspector
Deshmukh and police sub-inspector Arjun Sawant.
Yadav contends that he is a businessman, and his office
is located next to Tata Capital Ltd`s office. Tata Capital
gives personal loans for puchasing vehicles.
On July 29, some men hired by Tata Capital confiscated a
car belonging to one Mohd Ismail Hassan as he had not repaid
the loan taken from the company. The company had also
intimated Antop Hill police station about the same.
However, Hassan`s driver lodged complaint of cheating
against unknown persons in Matunga police station, alleging
that they stole the car posing as the company officials.
Since Sachin Mhaskar, who works at Tata Capital, knew
Yadav well, he requested Yadav to go to Matunga police station
and explain that company`s men had taken away the car for
non-repayment of loan.
However, Yadav alleges, when he and his friend Yagnesh
Bhatt went to Matunga on August 12, and explained the
situation, PSI Sawant suddently started shouting at him, and
beat him for "two-three minutes".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened