Bombay HC transfers case involving Narayan Rane`s son to CBI
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court on Thursday transferred the probe into allegation of attack against Nitesh Rane, chief of NGO Swabhiman Sanghatana and son of Maharashtra Industries Minister Narayan Rane, to CBI.
Division Bench of Justices AM Khanwilkar and AR Joshi passed the order today, granting the prayer made by Chintu Shaikh, the petitioner, who had alleged that Nitesh shot at him at Swabhiman`s office in Mumbai last September.
Shaikh, who was a member of the NGO then, had moved the High Court seeking CBI probe, saying that Narayan Rane, a Congress leader and a cabinet minister, was interfering in the probe.
State had handed over the probe to crime branch.
During the hearing, the High Court had directed the crime branch to submit video recording of the spot, panchnama and records of the case.
Shaikh lodged a complaint with the Powai police on September 23, 2010, alleging that Nitesh, who was upset that day for some reason, had shot at him twice at the NGO`ss Khar office. Shaikh alleged that the bullet grazed his cheek,
causing an injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic