Book shows Raj Thackeray belongs to Bihar
New Delhi/Mumbai: After claiming that the Thackeray family belongs to Bihar, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh has come out with ‘evidence’ to prove his claim.
Singh has released a book, published by none other than the Maharashtra government, which shows that the Thackeray family, including Raj, is connected to Bihar.
Zee News is in possession of the book in question.
The book was published when the BJP-Shiv Sena combine was in power in the state and Manohar Joshi was the chief minister. The book is titled ‘Prabodhankar Thackeray Samagra Wangmay’.
Prabodhankar Thackeray, who compiled the book, was Bal Thackeray’s father and Raj and Uddhav’s grandfather.
The book traces the origins of the Thackeray family in detail.
According to Digvijay Singh, page number 45 of the book mentions that the Thackeray family first travelled from Magadh in Bihar to Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh, then to Chittorgarh in Rajasthan, and then to Madhavgarh in Pune, Maharashtra.
Raj Thackeray had recently threatened to label Biharis as infiltrators, following which Digvijay Singh had revealed that Raj himself belongs to Bihar and that he should not speak against Biharis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news