Book shows Raj Thackeray belongs to Bihar
New Delhi/Mumbai: After claiming that the Thackeray family belongs to Bihar, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh has come out with ‘evidence’ to prove his claim.
Singh has released a book, published by none other than the Maharashtra government, which shows that the Thackeray family, including Raj, is connected to Bihar.
Zee News is in possession of the book in question.
The book was published when the BJP-Shiv Sena combine was in power in the state and Manohar Joshi was the chief minister. The book is titled ‘Prabodhankar Thackeray Samagra Wangmay’.
Prabodhankar Thackeray, who compiled the book, was Bal Thackeray’s father and Raj and Uddhav’s grandfather.
The book traces the origins of the Thackeray family in detail.
According to Digvijay Singh, page number 45 of the book mentions that the Thackeray family first travelled from Magadh in Bihar to Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh, then to Chittorgarh in Rajasthan, and then to Madhavgarh in Pune, Maharashtra.
Raj Thackeray had recently threatened to label Biharis as infiltrators, following which Digvijay Singh had revealed that Raj himself belongs to Bihar and that he should not speak against Biharis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!