Book shows Raj Thackeray belongs to Bihar
New Delhi/Mumbai: After claiming that the Thackeray family belongs to Bihar, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh has come out with ‘evidence’ to prove his claim.
Singh has released a book, published by none other than the Maharashtra government, which shows that the Thackeray family, including Raj, is connected to Bihar.
Zee News is in possession of the book in question.
The book was published when the BJP-Shiv Sena combine was in power in the state and Manohar Joshi was the chief minister. The book is titled ‘Prabodhankar Thackeray Samagra Wangmay’.
Prabodhankar Thackeray, who compiled the book, was Bal Thackeray’s father and Raj and Uddhav’s grandfather.
The book traces the origins of the Thackeray family in detail.
According to Digvijay Singh, page number 45 of the book mentions that the Thackeray family first travelled from Magadh in Bihar to Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh, then to Chittorgarh in Rajasthan, and then to Madhavgarh in Pune, Maharashtra.
Raj Thackeray had recently threatened to label Biharis as infiltrators, following which Digvijay Singh had revealed that Raj himself belongs to Bihar and that he should not speak against Biharis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports
- UN backs plan to rid Libya of chemical weapons
- Gunmen kill at least eight in Munich shopping mall, shooters on the run
- Please do not speculate: Police to commentators