Book shows Raj Thackeray belongs to Bihar
New Delhi/Mumbai: After claiming that the Thackeray family belongs to Bihar, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh has come out with ‘evidence’ to prove his claim.
Singh has released a book, published by none other than the Maharashtra government, which shows that the Thackeray family, including Raj, is connected to Bihar.
Zee News is in possession of the book in question.
The book was published when the BJP-Shiv Sena combine was in power in the state and Manohar Joshi was the chief minister. The book is titled ‘Prabodhankar Thackeray Samagra Wangmay’.
Prabodhankar Thackeray, who compiled the book, was Bal Thackeray’s father and Raj and Uddhav’s grandfather.
The book traces the origins of the Thackeray family in detail.
According to Digvijay Singh, page number 45 of the book mentions that the Thackeray family first travelled from Magadh in Bihar to Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh, then to Chittorgarh in Rajasthan, and then to Madhavgarh in Pune, Maharashtra.
Raj Thackeray had recently threatened to label Biharis as infiltrators, following which Digvijay Singh had revealed that Raj himself belongs to Bihar and that he should not speak against Biharis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees