Both system, Naxals hindering Gadchiroli`s development: Patil
Gadchiroli: Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil has underlined the urgent need of forming a District Development Authority for Gadchiroli stating that both system and Maoists are posing a great development challenge in the Naxal-infested area.
"When the established system becomes insufficient to deliver justice to its people, a new system takes birth. The formation of a District Development Authority has now become inevitable because expected development of this district cannot be brought about in the present system," he said while addressing a seminar here on Monday.
"When I ask officials for any project in my own constituency of Tasgaon, I get quick results but that is not the case with Gadchiroli," he lamented.
The administrative process has often been creating hindrances in the way of development in the district along with Naxals. It is a fact that despite plenty of natural resources, the district is lagging behind in various fields of development, the minister said.
Citing an example of apathy by government officials, Patil said several villages in the district remained without electricity for as many as 11 years.
When the MSEDCL men went for laying electric lines, they were stopped by the forest department authorities and arrested. It was only after my intervention that they were released, Patil said, adding the Development Authority will enable quick decisions at the local level thereby expediting developmental works.
Terming the Authority as the first step towards development of the district, he said views from cross sections of the society will be taken into consideration for its formation.
The district Guardian minister also said the authority would work along with the people for their betterment as most of the vacant posts are filled in and there is no dearth of funds also.
The proposed body will be framed keeping in mind natural resources like water, forest and land in the district and more importantly the tribals, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars