Boy abducted in Mumbai rescued in Allahabad
Allahabad: A 10-year-old boy, kidnapped from Mumbai nearly a fortnight ago, was rescued here on Saturday, police said.
Kanhaiyalal, son of a Mumbai-based businessman, was kidnapped earlier this month, Senior Superintendent of Police (Allahabad) Naveen Arora told reporters here.
The kidnappers repeatedly called up the child`s family demanding a ransom of 50,000 and threatened to kill him if their demand was not met, he said.
The calls were traced to Koraon area of the Allahabad district, the SSP said.
The Mumbai and local police raided the area and rescued the child, he said adding three persons, suspected to be kidnappers, were arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users