Boy abducted in Mumbai rescued in Allahabad
Allahabad: A 10-year-old boy, kidnapped from Mumbai nearly a fortnight ago, was rescued here on Saturday, police said.
Kanhaiyalal, son of a Mumbai-based businessman, was kidnapped earlier this month, Senior Superintendent of Police (Allahabad) Naveen Arora told reporters here.
The kidnappers repeatedly called up the child`s family demanding a ransom of 50,000 and threatened to kill him if their demand was not met, he said.
The calls were traced to Koraon area of the Allahabad district, the SSP said.
The Mumbai and local police raided the area and rescued the child, he said adding three persons, suspected to be kidnappers, were arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state