Boy abducted in Mumbai rescued in Allahabad
Allahabad: A 10-year-old boy, kidnapped from Mumbai nearly a fortnight ago, was rescued here on Saturday, police said.
Kanhaiyalal, son of a Mumbai-based businessman, was kidnapped earlier this month, Senior Superintendent of Police (Allahabad) Naveen Arora told reporters here.
The kidnappers repeatedly called up the child`s family demanding a ransom of 50,000 and threatened to kill him if their demand was not met, he said.
The calls were traced to Koraon area of the Allahabad district, the SSP said.
The Mumbai and local police raided the area and rescued the child, he said adding three persons, suspected to be kidnappers, were arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites