Breach of privilege notice against Chavan
Mumbai: BJP member Nana Patole on Tuesday submitted a breach of privilege notice against Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan for misleading the
Legislature on the financial package of Rs 2000 crore for paddy, soyabean and cotton growers of Vidarbha region.
The package was announced during the winter session in Nagpur last year but Patole charged that the ordinance for the same was not issued by Revenue department till March 10, five days before the budget session started.
In the ordinance, only Rs 100 crore provision has been made, Patole added.
He said the package announced by Chavan amounted to cheating of the farmers and negligence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’