Breach of privilege notice against Chavan
Mumbai: BJP member Nana Patole on Tuesday submitted a breach of privilege notice against Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan for misleading the
Legislature on the financial package of Rs 2000 crore for paddy, soyabean and cotton growers of Vidarbha region.
The package was announced during the winter session in Nagpur last year but Patole charged that the ordinance for the same was not issued by Revenue department till March 10, five days before the budget session started.
In the ordinance, only Rs 100 crore provision has been made, Patole added.
He said the package announced by Chavan amounted to cheating of the farmers and negligence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj