Breach of privilege notice against Chavan
Mumbai: BJP member Nana Patole on Tuesday submitted a breach of privilege notice against Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan for misleading the
Legislature on the financial package of Rs 2000 crore for paddy, soyabean and cotton growers of Vidarbha region.
The package was announced during the winter session in Nagpur last year but Patole charged that the ordinance for the same was not issued by Revenue department till March 10, five days before the budget session started.
In the ordinance, only Rs 100 crore provision has been made, Patole added.
He said the package announced by Chavan amounted to cheating of the farmers and negligence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren