Breach of privilege notice against Maharashtra CM
Mumbai: A Shiv Sena legislator on Monday moved
a breach of privilege notice against Maharashtra Chief
Minister Prithviraj Chavan for "misleading" the Assembly on a
housing society promoted by top bureaucrats and police
The MLA, Subhash Desai, said Chavan, who heads Urban
Development portfolio, had given directives to regularise the
illegal constructions at Patliputra Housing Society in
suburban Mumbai, even when the Speaker had withheld the
question when it came up in the House for discussion.
The issue was first discussed in the winter session of
the legislature at Nagpur last year and the Speaker had
withheld the question (for discussion in Budget session) on
alleged illegality committed on the plot on which the housing
Chavan had admitted that there was illegality and
ordered the police to file an FIR. The CM had also promised a
judicial inquiry if the the Economic Offences Wing of the
police found concrete evidence of irregularities.
The plot in Versova was allotted by the Government to
the society members in 1999 on condition that only 15 per cent
of the land could be used for commercial purposes.
However, it was later found that more than 15 per cent
of the land had been used for commercial purposes, and instead
of small shops, for which the permission was given, the
society had allowed a mega shopping area to come up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day