Bridegroom sent to prison for attempt to rape
Balaghat (MP): A man here was sent to jail soon after his marriage in connection with a five-day old case of attempt to rape and molestation.
Bridegroom Santosh Kumar of Mendhaki village was arrested yesterday in connection with alleged molestation and attempt to rape case lodged by his neighbour at Rampayali police station as soon as his `baraat` returned home along with bride, police said today.
Later, Santosh was produced before the court from where he was sent in judicial custody, they said.
His neighbour had alleged that on April 24 when she was alone at her house, the accused entered and tried to rape her after molesting, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'