Bridegroom sent to prison for attempt to rape
Balaghat (MP): A man here was sent to jail soon after his marriage in connection with a five-day old case of attempt to rape and molestation.
Bridegroom Santosh Kumar of Mendhaki village was arrested yesterday in connection with alleged molestation and attempt to rape case lodged by his neighbour at Rampayali police station as soon as his `baraat` returned home along with bride, police said today.
Later, Santosh was produced before the court from where he was sent in judicial custody, they said.
His neighbour had alleged that on April 24 when she was alone at her house, the accused entered and tried to rape her after molesting, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack