Bridge collapse: FIR against construction company
Mumbai: A day after two girders of the under-construction Eastern Freeway Project collapsed here killing a labourer, an FIR was registered on Friday against personnel of the company Simplex involved in the building of the bridge, police said.
"The contractor Simplex`s personnel involved in the construction of the bridge were booked for negligence that resulted in the incident, killing one person," said Deputy Police Commissioner KG Patil.
The Simplex men were booked under various IPC sections, which include 337 (causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others), 338 (causing grievous hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others), 304A (causing death by negligence) etc, he added.
A labourer identified as Suraaj Mukherjee (40) was killed and seven others sustained injuries after two girders of the bridge collapsed after slabs fell on the ground at Shanti Nagar in Wadala.
The Eastern Freeway Project, which will connect P D`mello Road and Ghatkopar, is scheduled to be completed in December 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured