BrihanMumbai Municipal Corporation to regularise water connections to pre-2000 slums
Mumbai: Municipal Corporation of Greater
Mumbai (MCGM) would regularise water connections to slums in
the city that came up after 2000.
The decision comes in the wake of an announcement made
by Chief Minister Ashok Chavan to regularise water connections
to pre-2000 slums.
"Water will be supplied to all slums that have come up
prior to 2000. We will soon compile a report on the issue
within few days and table it before the state government,"
Municipal Commissioner Swadhin Kshatriya said.
Dharavi and the slums on airport land are the only two
settlements to be regularised by the state.
"As CM has said that slums at Dharavi and on the airport
land, that cropped up before January 2000, be regularised. In
this regard the MCGM will have to regularise water connection
to them," Kshatriya said.
Currently, the city is reeling under acute water crises
due to insufficient water in lakes that have a large share in
meeting the water needs of it. The residential and commercial
users are facing 15 and 30 percent water cut respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III